Friday, February 20, 2009

WOT, Choppa is on PTS!


All right, all you girls and gits, the Choppa is officially in a playable format once more. Log into the PTS and give it a try. It has changed quite a bit from beta, but still has a familiar feel to it. I’m so excited for the Choppa to go live, I’ve been collecting “Orc, Goblin” items that the class may find useful.

So, I logged on and created my choppa yesterday. Wow….. Absolutely amazing. This class is awesomeness incarnate. It truly is DPS all the way through. It has very little along the lines of utility, the only thing coming close it, Path of the Wrecka is made for smashing though tank walls. This will also be the class that will have the 1,000 rez’s title before 40.

RAGE! Interesting mechanic, so you start off like a BlackOrc (survivability/damage), but quickly move up Marauder status. Then finally you start to glow red and have that damage/survivability of a WitchElf. At the point your ‘zerk you have no survivability. I was getting hit for over 300 damage by slayers fully enraged (My weakness + Their rage damage) in t1 lower than rank 5. When Mythic said you’ll be rez’n these guys a lot, they were not kidding.

Now, I did view over the trees and abilities. Though the Choppa has some nerf bait moral abilities, they really have no moral builders. But in the end, I foresee a few abilities that are going to be whined about and nerfed (Some maybe rightfully so). One thing I did notice, they have TWO tactics that raises Strength, and one of them will also raise Weapon Skill (another very important skill for MDPS).

Though, we won’t get a good review of these guys for some time, as the test server spends a lot of time crashing, making it nearly impossible to get one into T2. We won’t see the impact they or the Slayer have in the game until some time after release, and the 40’s start trickling in.

Until then,
Oi, Mythic, fetch me CHOPPA!

No comments:

Post a Comment